- Khwaja Khairuddin, Leader of the Pakistan Muslim League.
- AGM Shafiqul Islam Advocate, Lahore High Court. Runs business in Bangladesh.
- Golam Azam Former Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami. Retired last year conferring party leadership to his worthy associate Nizami, head of death squad in 1971.
- Moulana Syed Mohammad Leading member of the central Majlis of the Bangladesh Ittehadul Ummah.
- Mahmud Ali state minister for social welfare, government of Pakistan.
- MAK Rafiqul Islam No information.
- Abdul Jabbar Khaddar Deceased.
- Yusuf Ali Chowdhury (Mohan Miah) Had a natural death during the liberation war.
- Abul Kashem Had a natural death after liberation.
- Gulam Sarwar: Leader of the Jamaati organization in London, the Dawatul Islam; Director of the London based Islamic institute.
- Syed Azizul Huq:(Nanna Miah)Leader of the Jatiyo Party, and member of Parliament.
- ASM Solaiman: Chairman, Bangladesh Krishak Sramik Party.
- Peer Mohsenuddin:(Dudu Miah)Vice Chairman, Bangladesh Democratic League.
- Sharq Rahman: Chairman, Islamic Democratic League.
- Major (Rtd) Afsaruddin:Convener, Bangladesh Ganatantra. Bastabayan Parishad; Chairman, National Democratic Party; former presidential candidate.
- Syed Mohsin Ali:Industrialist; former Chairman Stock. Exchange; former Director, IFIC bank.
- Fazlul Huq Chowdhury: Had a natural death after liberation.
- Mohd. Sirajuddin: Industrialist; Chairman of the Dhaka City. Muslim League.
- AT Sadi: Retired advocate of Bangladesh Supreme Court.
- Ataul Huq Khan: Vice Chairman, Bangladesh MuslimLeague.
- Maqbulur Rahman: Businessman.
- Mohammad Aqil: Acting Chairman, Bangladesh Nezam e Islam.
- Principal Ruhul Quddus: Member of the central working committee, Jamaat e Islam.
- Nuruzzaman: Industrialist; Director Islamic Development bank.
- Moulana Miah Mafizul Huq: Member, central Majlis, Bangladesh Ittehadul Ummah.
- Abu Salek: Senior Advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court.
- Abdun Naim Had a natural death after liberation.
- Moulana Siddique Ahmed:Member, central Majlis, Bangladesh Ittehadul Ummah.
- Abdul Matin:Secretary general, Bangladesh Muslim League.
- Barrister Akhtaruddin Ahmed Resident in Saudi Arabia. Adviser Saudi International Law
- Toaha Bin Habib Industrialist; member, Central Majlis e Shura, Bangladesh Khelafat Andolan.
- Irtezaur Rahman Akhunzada: Deceased
- Raja Tridev Roy A Pakistani citizen. Runs business at Karachi.
- Faiz Bakhsh Chairman, Bangladesh Muslim League.
B. Leaders of the Central Peace and Welfare Council
- Moulana Farid Ahmed Disappeared immediately after liberation.
- Nuruzzaman Former director Imam Training Course, Islamic Foundation.
- Moulana Abdul Mahnan Former Minister for Religious Affairs.
- Julmat Ali Khan Vice Chairman, BNP
- AKM Mujibul Huq Industrialist.
- Firoz Ahmed No information.
C. Members of the Malek Cabinet
- Abul Kashem Deceased
- Nawazish Ahmed Chairman, Bangladesh Muslim League.
D. The Central Committee of the Islami Chhatra Sangha (The Al-Badr High Command)
- Matiur Rahman Nizami, (All-Pakistan Chief) Assistant General Secretary, Jamaat-e-Islami.
- Ali Ahsan Mohd Mujahid(East Pakistan Chief); Ameer of Dhaka City, Jamat-e-Islami; Manager of the Weekly Sonar Bangla.
- Mir Kasem Ali: (He was at first head of the Chittagong district, then was ranked third in the line of command of Al-Badr); Deputy Amecr of Dhaka City Jamaat-e-Islami; Manager, Rabet-e-Alam (Bangladesh); Member (Administration) Ibn-e-Sina Trust.
- Mohd Yunus: Member of the Central Jamaat-e-Islami, Director-General, Majlis-e-Shura, Bangladesh Islami Bank; Director, Islami Social Welfare Association; Chairman, Muslim Business Society.
- Mohd Kamruzzaman: Chief organizer of AI-Badr; Press Secretary, Jamaat-elslami; Editor,Sonar Bangla.
- Ashraf Hussain: (Founder of the AI-Badr and head of the Mymensingh District Al-Badr, runs business in Dhaka.
- Mohd Shamsul Huq, Member of the Central Majlis-e-Shura, (head of the Dhaka City AI-Badr), Jamaat-e-Islami.
- Mustafa Showkat Imran, Disappeared immediately after liberation. One of the leaders of Dhaka City AI-Badr
- Ashrafuzzaman Khan: Member of the Dhaka City AI-Badr High Command, and "Chief Executor" of the intellectuals; serving in Saudi Arabia.
- A. S. M. Ruhul Quddus: One of the leaders of the Dhaka City AI-Badr; Member of the Majlis-e-Shura, Jamaat-e-Islami
- Sardar Abdus Salam: Head of the Dhaka District AI-Badr, Secretary, Training, Jamaat-e-Islami.
- Khurram Jha Murad: Resident in London; Jamaat leader; active in organizing Jamaatis internationally.
- Abdul Bari: Chief of the Jamalpur AI-Badr; Serving in Dhaka.
- Abdul Hye Farooki: Chief of the Rajshahi District AI-Badr; runs business in Dubai.
- Abdul Zahir Mohd Abu Neser: Chief of the Chittagong District AI-Badr; Personal Assistant at the Saudi Embassy in Dhaka and Librarian.
- Matiur Rahman Khan: Chief of the Khulna District AI-Badr, Serving in Jeddah.
- Chowdhury Moinuddin: Operation in-charge in killing of the intellectuals; Special Editor of the London based weekly, Dawat; leader of the London-based Jamaat organisation, Dawatul Islam.
- Nur Mohd Malik: One of the leaders of the Dhaka City AI-Badr; whereabouts unknown.
- A. K. Mohd Ali: One of the leaders of the Dhaka City AI-Badr, whereabouts unknown.
- Mazharul Islam; Head of the Rajshahi District Al-Badr; Whereabouts unknown.
E. Collaborating Academics:
a. The Education Reform Committee Formed by Tikka Khan
- Dr. Syed Sajjad Hussain (Vice-Chancellor Rajshahi University) Former Professor, King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia; At present residing in Bangladesh.
- Dr. Hasan Zaman, Dept of Political Science, DU, Died in Saudi Arabia.
- Dr. Mohar Ali, Dept of History, DU, Serving in Saudi Arabia.
- A. K. M. Abdur Rahman, Professor, Dept of Mathematics, DU.
- Abdul Bari, Vice-Chancellor, RU; Chairman, University Grants Commission; Member, Governing Body of the Islamic Foundation.
- Dr. Safiuddin Joardar: Deceased.
- Dr. Makbul Hussain: Living a retired life.
b. Other Teachers of Dhaka University who were given compulsory leave after being charged with collaboration.
- Begum Akhtar Imam, Provost, Rokeya Hall. Bengali Dept. Living a retired life in Dhaka.
- Dr. Qazi Din Mohd: Dept of Arabic
- Dr. Mohammad Mustafizur Rahman: Serving at Dhaka University.
- Dr. Fatima Sadeque, Dept of Political Science
- Dr. Golam Wahid Chowdhury: Owns a Garment Industry in Dhaka.
- Dr. Rashiduzzaman: Employed in the U. S. A. (**)
- Dr. AKM Shahidullah, Serving at Dhaka University.
- AKM Jamaluddin Mustafa. Dept of Sociology, runs business in Dhaka.
- Md. Afsaruddin, Dept of Psychology (DU)
- Dr. Mir Fakhruzzaman, Dept of Physics Deceased.
- Dr. Md. Shamsul Islam, Dept of Pharmacy (DU)
- Dr. Abdul Jabbar, Dept of Statistics (DU)
- Dr. Mahbubuddin Ahmed, doing business in London
- Md. Obaidullah, Playwright; writes for Bangladesh Radio TV.
c Institute of Educational Research
- Md. Habibullah, resident in Pakistan.
- Abdul Kadir Miah, Employed at Dhaka University.
- Dr. Shafia Khatun: Former minister and member Public service commission; employed at Dhaka University
d. Physical Education Center
- Lt Col (Retd) Matiur Rahman, Dept of Journalism
- Atiquzzaman Khan, Dept of Urdu and Persian, deceased.
- Dr. Aftab Ahmed Siddqui, resident in Pakistan.
- Dr. Fazlul Kader, Dept of Law, no information.
- Nurul Momen, Dept of Islamic History, living in Dhaka.
- Dr. SM Imamuddin, Dhaka University Caretaker, resident in Pakistan
- SD Daliluddin, Dept of Botany (DU), deceased.
- Mohd Mahbubul Alam Jalaluddin, Serving in Pakistan.
Several of those collaborating teachers were involved in the killing of the intellectuals. Many of their names were found in the diary of Ashrafuzzaman Khan, the Chief Executioner of the Al-Badr forces.
e. Institute of Educational Research
- Nasir Ahmed, Upper Division Assistant, Chief Engineer Office
- Painter Zahir Khan, Engineering Office
- Peon Shahjahan, Salimullah Hall
- Peon Mohammad Mustafa.
f. Teachers of Rajshahi University who were given compulsory leave after being charged with collaboration.
- Dr. Abdul Bari, Vice-Chancellor, Chairman, University Grants Commission.
- Dr. Golam Saqlain, Reader Professor, Dept of Bengali, Rajshahi University.
- Azizul Huq, Associate Professor, Dept of Bengali, Rajshahi University.
- Shaikh Ataur Rahman, Associate Professor, Dept of Bengali, Rajshahi University.
- Abdur Rahim Joardar, University Registrar, retired
g. Teachers of Rajshahi University who were arrested on charges of collaboration.
- Mukbul Hussain, Professor, Dept of Commerce (RU)
- Ahmed Muhammad Patel, Chairman, Dept of Geography. Resident in Pakistan.
- Solaiman Mondol, Chairman & Professor, Dept of Economics (RU).
- Unman Bari Baghi, Associate Professor, Dept of Psychology. Resident in Pakistan
- Zillur Rahman, Reader, Dept of Law, Law Faculty, RU.
- Kalim A Sasrami, Associate Professor, Dept of Languages. (RU).
h. Those who were charged with collaboration and fled away after independence.
- Ahmed Ullah Khan, Associate, Professor English Dept (RU).
- Ebne Ahmed One of the deputy registrars, former registrar, Islami University, Kushtia.
(Dainik Bangla, October 3, 1973)
Courtesy : Muktodhara